Friday, January 14, 2011

Holiday Blur!



Home is always where the heart is, for me...it's Ontario! Needless to say I was estatic to be home. For some odd reason, it doesn't seem like Christmas to me until I see the Swaroski Christmas tree in the Toronto Eatons centre. Of course it was super busy. I tried my best to make time for my friends and family but 9 days is stricly not enough! If you were not apart of the handful I saw, I'm very sorry!

Lets see what I was able to complete while I was home...
1. I saw my old lab mates
2. Saw "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" musical (plot can be seen at this LINK) A great musical it was. Songs are still in my head!
3. Visited a ton of friends (speaking of awesome friends, look how awesome this quilt is! My friend hand made it! Thanks Fuzzy *big smile*)


4. Went boxing day shopping and bought myself a new dSLR & Netbook (currently loving them both!)
5. Had a potluck dinner and celebrated a fake New Year Eve (multiple times)


6. Celebrated the real new years eve with a few friends


7. Had great dimsum & bubble tea! (The dimsum place didn't have any caucasions. My dad always jokes, "You know it's a real chinese dimsum place that's good where there's no white people around because they will usually settle for any type of dimsum and they'll never find the good stuff")

Yeah that about sums it up. As the title of this post states it was all a blur...
One of the most awesome things was our family had a GIANT roast pig for dinner. How big was it? It took over our whole dinner table! I remember asking my dad how big the pig would be. He replied, not too pig, a baby one. So here I'm thinking this dinky little thing and then BAM there it was.



We ate it for days. Still tasty thought! The chinese styled roast pigs aren't that great here in Calgary...

Final thought:
There's a lot of things that make Ontario better than Calgary, right now I'd say it would be the temperature... it's really cold out (felt like -40 ish) ... and yesterday their train transit system broke down for 25mins... I was standing in the cold. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can take a ton of scenic pictures with my new camera! In the meantime... I'll stay warm under my quilt :)

No comments: