Saturday, November 5, 2011

...Life's a beach.



So when we woke up in the morning, we had breakfast with a few of Dan's friends. He bought us to this cafe/bistro where they served cinnamon milk. Dan was really amazed by it. I just thought it was, "meh".

The plan for the day was to head to the beach. I was already a bit burnt from the day before so I really didn't want to be there for long out in the sun. I did manage to pick up an awesome fedora! But it ended up being caught by the wind and flying into the ocean. Now it has this salt water stain.

While at the beach, I sat there and enjoyed the weather. Everyone else went surfing, obviously with my knee that was out of the question. *sigh* maybe next time?

After the beach we all went home and showered getting ready for a nice dinner out. There's this thing that's really big in Cali - Fish tacos. I've never really had them. But anyone who knows me knows I like to travel and eat at places featured on the food network. So yes, that was my goal. I usually watch a show called, "the best thing I ever ate..." where celebrity chefs list the best 'something' they ever ate. One of them recommended this place, "George's at the cove" in the La Jolla beach area. It's was a very fancy and the food was delicious. The view was amazing - right by the ocean!


After the meal we walked the beach and saw the sea lions too! *sigh* The sun set and everything seemed gorgeous.




You can't just end a perfect day like that. You gotta top it off with a DELICIOUS dessert! The food network tells me, Extraordinary Desserts was the place to be - their Dolce De Leche cake was tummy bound!
Boy was it worth it. SUPER sweet thought... It actually took me 2 days to eat it.

Final thought: Need to find sunscreen I'm not allergic to... it hurts to be double sunburnt...:(

No comments: