Monday, March 7, 2011

My First Flames Game


I've been to the Saddledome for a Hitmen Game, but not for a Flames game yet.

On Friday, one of my friends had a free ticket and decided to take me to the game. He assured me that "you haven't experienced Calgary until you've gone to a Flames game". Well you know me, I like the word "Free" so I took him up on his offer.

The Calgary Flames were playing The Columbus Blue Jackets. Just to aggravate him I secretly cheered for the blue jackets to win. I even wore blue! (Of course I did it stealthily - I still can't out run people who would beat me up).

When I got there the place was FILLED with Red and Yellow. I couldn't see any bit of blue in sight! Our seats were located in the very top, the nose bleed section really . On a gimp leg, it was a LOOOOOOOOOOONG walk. Random fact, did you know that the Saddle dome actually seats about 1000 more people than the ACC in Toronto or the rink in Vancouver? Yeah, it didn't look it...but apparently it does.

Every time the flames scored the crowed would go wild. Flames would shoot out of the score board. Every time the other team scored it was silent. Actually I should be happy it was silent versus filling the rink with "Boos". What annoyed me the most about being in the nose bleed section was, since tickets are cheap, you get those people who go there and are drunk and ruin the game for everyone. The snide comments, profanity in front of children, it's upsetting...kinda. To see an 8 year old boy have to cover his ears because the jerk behind him is chirping his friend talking about Blowjobs, swearing, etc. Very Classy Calgary.

In the end Flames won, and Blue Jackets loss, but it was still fun :).

That's Harvey the Hound working the crowd.

Final Thought:

In between the periods they have games, a woman won a truck for 12 months. Only in Calgary would you hear a chick behind you say, "Mmmmm, that truck is sexy".

OH

Physio Update:
Last week my extension was -10 deg from the perfect 180, this week it's -5 deg.
Last week my flexion was 90, this week I can bend it 115 deg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray on your first nhl game! wasn't it awesome?!!
glad your leg is able to move more.

-elmo

D3Lemon said...

It wasn't my first NHL game ever, E-momma. I saw the leafs in Toronto a couple of years ago.