Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little act of Kindness

Being slightly gimp, I've been treated pretty terribly on the public transit.
I've been push, stepped on, and had my leg squished up against a metal pole as a lady so rudely scowled at me, "EXcuse me". I was in a seat designated for the elderly and the handicapped. That's when I snapped back, "EXCUSE ME!" And pointed at my leg and the sign. The NERVE of some people!

Today I had some kindness shown to me :).

As I was running to the CTrain (the Light-Rail-Transit in Calgary), I was run/hobbling to try and catch it before the doors closed. Then someone who already got off the train saw me and shouted back at the people in the cart, "Hold the doors".

I think that was the first sign of kindness I've seen in regards to my gimp leg on the train.

Thank you mysterious man whose face I did not see :) You made my day.

Final Thought: I wish this world was filled with more people like him.

No comments: