Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh do I have a lot to tell you!

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while. I realize that I've been a little MIA. No worries, I am still alive.

So let's see what I've forgotten to tell you all.

Backtrack to Chinese New Years:
I went home to Ontario for Chinese New Year to celebrate the holiday with my family. As per usual I gave them priority and whatever spare time I had in between I tried to meet with my friends. To sum it all up, I did A LOT of eating.

Winterlicious at Canoe was great. Great food, great view (64th floor!), great times, and great people!
(Side note, I think Calgary has a "mini-winterlicious" this month, whoot whoot!)

There was the option to eat rabbit, however...seeing as I am born in the year of a rabbit...and it just turned the year of the rabbit... I feel as though it is bad luck.


Shortly after, aka 3 hours later, I went home only to start the Chinese New Year feast. Complete with seafood, chicken, pork, greens, etc. Every year my sisters and I try to at least eat one of everything from every dish. I was STUFFED by the end of the day.

Oh and while I was home, we went for dim sum. It was AWESOME! They did a lion dance and the restaurant and the came straight to your table too. To touch these lions would bring you good luck for the year :)


The next day I ate at Biermarkt, around noon. I had to rush home to say bye to my family as I was to leave Oshawa at 3pm. My mom apparently thought I needed to eat wonton and noodles before I left home. I didn't even finish my food from lunch, let alone try to shove another bowl of noodles in my mouth. In the end my sister helped me eat it all in secret. Didn't want to go hurting my mother's feelings and all, ya know?

When I got back to Calgary, it was definitely depressing. Reason being I didn't know when I would be coming back next. At least when I first left in Nov and after Christmas I knew when my next flight home would be. Right now, it's kind of in limbo.
My dad wants me home for April. My mother wants me home for May. I want to be home for June...but lets face it, my back account does NOT have the funds to do so. So my next trip home is TBA.

Last week on Wednesday I was invited out to watch a play in Calgary. Free ticket? I'm there! The production was called, "The Drowsy Chaperon". I loved it. I had never heard of it before hand but it was definitely full of a lot of humour and had a very talented cast. If it's playing in a city near you, I highly recommend!

So that's what happened last week.

Oh and my friend also flew up from California to visit me! Want to know more about it? I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Basically it starts great...and now I have a gimp leg. Issue? = Damaged mcl and acl.

Final Thought: Skiing down a mountain on a broken leg sucks. It's do-able, but it sucks.

No comments: